playing with paper

Monday, June 4, 2012

Mailart: Imagine Peace Chain Letter

I received my first mail art chain letter from Mary Has Sound last week.
"Send a piece of artwork, something made by you, to the first person on the list below, then remove or cross out the first name on the list and add your own name and address at the bottom. Make 10 copies of the new letter that includes your name and address and send it out to people who will keep the idea growing."

I used the "Imagine Peace" as my inspiration, and I created this 5 x 7 inch collage on board to send off to #81 on the list Haddock in Oregon, USA. I'm mailing it naked, so I hope I chose my adhesives wisely. Now I have to figure out 10 folks who won't mind receiving a copy of the letter. (Please let me know if you want one! I promise to send other fun stuff along with it!)

I was on a roll, so I created two 4 x 6 inch cards in the same style, sending one to Valentine Mark Herman and one to Samuel Montalvettti and Sol Pedrosa for their mail art call "Grafismos del Bajo." Since these are traveling internationally, I packaged them in circus-themed party favor bag envelopes. I discovered I like creating mirror image pairs of cards.

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hooray! I will mail it off later this week. Thanks!

      Delete
  2. Have been watching your blog for awhile and haven't taken the time to comment as yet, but I would love a chain letter. :)
    You can send it to:
    Kestrel Jones
    5876 Wildflower Dr
    Indianapolis, IN 46254

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome! I'm so glad you're here! Your name and street address are a lovely pair. I will post a chain letter packet to you today. Thanks for joining in the fun!

      Delete
  3. Got your packet. So wonderful! I've already sent one off as instructed and am working on more. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't feel like you have to do up packets like I did to send out the letters. I love to send papery goodies, so the letters just gave me an excuse. Do your mail art thing and have fun!

      Delete