playing with paper

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Jaime B's Mail Art Project November

Five Trees #1 2011 November 8

Five Trees #2 2011 November 8

My offering for Jaime B's Mail Art Project for November sent off to Brazil.

I did a large 34 Trees 10" x 20" framed to donate to the Lancaster Museum of Art for their annual Trees Galore! silent auction fundraiser. It looked great hanging against the light blue walls of our living/dining room, so I almost didn't want to give it up. It dawned on me this year that Trees Galore and I are the same age, so I had to feature 34. More of these security envelope trees will show up in my holiday mail art this year.

3 comments:

  1. I discovered your blog and your work searching for "trees and mail art". Your work of art is amazing!!! Ilike to play with paper too, using paper that dates back to different centuries.
    http://artepostale.blogspot.com/search/label/Tina%20Festa

    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. These security envelope trees are awesome! Did you use a punch to make them? Or maybe Sizzix die cuts?

    I'd love to see the piece you made for the museum's auction. Do you have a photo posted somewhere?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Patty! I used a die from Papertrey Ink. My dad and I went to the opening of the show/auction last night, and he snapped a few photos of my work, so I hope to post one soon!

    ReplyDelete