playing with paper

Saturday, November 26, 2011

CPS 245 Seasons Greetings

Thanksgiving dinner was delicious, but after being bombarded by advertising the remainder of the afternoon for Black Friday shopping, all I wanted to do was come home and make something! I love how these turned out, based on the CPS 245 card sketch.

The finished card is 4" x 6" and I managed to get in quite a bit of texture without too much bulk. The burgundy strip at the bottom is vintage velvet ribbon, the teal strip to the side is vintage satin ribbon, and the brown ric rac in vintage cotton from my Etsy shop. I sanded the edges of the linen texture background paper.

I picked up this fabulous reindeer stamp at the craft store for half price and the sentiments are dollar stamps. I was thrilled to discover my paper punches were a perfect match for the trail behind the reindeer, so I added a few sparkly punched snowflakes. The patterned paper is from a My Mind's Eye 6" x 6" pad, and I only needed a single sheet for the two cards. I think I will be using this design again!

No comments:

Post a Comment