playing with paper

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Gratitude CPS 242 and more...

I managed to clean up all my Halloween craft supplies; now my desk is a mess with autumn and Thanksgiving creations, and winter holiday supplies are collecting in piles on the floor (already!)

I made this Gratitude card Tuesday night, based on the CPS card sketch #242. Finished card size is approximately 4" x 7.5." The solid paper is Ripe Avocado from Papertrey Ink, patterned paper is K&Company, the fabric label is from The Paper Wardrobe, the doily and button are thrift store finds, the tea-stained tag, satin leaf, vintage velvet ribbon, and mini clothespin are from my stash.

I have been wanting to use these cute mini clothespins for some time, but they add so much dimension I have been afraid to try. This card will be hand-delivered, so I won't have to worry about it causing trouble in the mail.

After my thrift store shopping yesterday, I had a bunch of "new" supplies to try out, so with paper scraps from the first card, I just finished another Thanksgiving card based on CPS card sketch #241.

That fancy turkey is actually a vintage paper coaster! There were several lengths of jute trim in a grab bag, along with two rolls of stiff white fabric about four inches wide (tape or webbing for upholstery perhaps?) I cut a piece to matte the patterned paper; it is the perfect width for A2 cards! The card base is Terracotta Tile from Papertrey Ink, and the Blessings stamp is from their "Out on a Limb Sentiments" set.

I had a night out all by myself last night to take my time and wander around two local craft stores and begin gathering ideas for the winter holidays. I am just about bursting! More good mail to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment