playing with paper

Friday, July 9, 2010

Making Progress

Well, I was hoping to keep a better log of my progress here, but life happens. This week, I finally got in gear and took steps to get cards listed for sale in my Etsy shop.

First, I needed some good photos of my cards, but to get good photos, I needed a box. After tripping over my box for several weeks, I cut off a flap, lined the rest with white paper, and tested it out. I set it on the table in front of a big bay window, popped in a card, and took some pictures. I'm so impressed with how well they turned out. I just needed a box!

I managed to download and upload my photos without tech support. I typed a description of my card one-handed while bouncing a baby on my knee. (Drum roll please.) My first card is for sale on Etsy! I listed a second later that evening, when I had two hands for typing.

Today I took a few more photos and hope to list those cards as well. Right now, it feels tedious, but I'm sure as I do more, it will become second nature. I want to spend more time actually making cards than listing them!

I got some REAL MAIL this week in the form of supplies I purchased on ebay (old photos and postage stamps) and Etsy (Nick Bantock rubber stamps). I can't wait to play!

No comments:

Post a Comment