playing with paper

Friday, July 9, 2010

Good Mail Day

Good grief! I forgot to share Good Mail Day! The book, that is, written by Jennie Hinchcliff and Carolee Gilligan Wheeler, it is "a primer for making eye-popping postal art." It is a fabulously fun book, a quick read with lots of photos showing off interesting mail art. It is inspiring me to send notes more often, and not just make them. What good are they if they're not shared? Check out Carolee's blog Good Mail Day, and Jennie's blog Red Letter Day.

I also found a "real mail" project. I was, of course, drawn to it because of the name. You can print out a postcard template already addressed, and write or design whatever you heart desires and mail it off. Check out www.realmail.nl

Send more real mail!

2 comments:

  1. I've started thinking of postcards as old-school text messages/tweets. SO MUCH BETTER!

    :)
    Carolee

    ReplyDelete
  2. and of course I notice that you've sent some excellent REAL post to my REAL wall too! Very very impressed, it was a delight to touch and hold.

    I'm sure that 2011 will be full of mailart goodness!

    ReplyDelete