playing with paper

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Tuesday Treasure: Vintage Security Envelopes

As I was soaking some of my grandma's postage stamps to remove the envelope paper, I was able to salvage a few lovely bits of security patterns circa 1960. So many of the security envelopes I receive these days are black or grey, so  I love the variety of blues and aquas I found.

There were a few in tact security envelopes in the stamp box as well, and this one is by far my favorite.

When I first pulled it out, I immediately heard A Christmas Story quote in my head: "A can of Simoniz." I watch it every holiday season without fail. Last year, I finally read the book by Jean Shepherd, In God We Trust, All Others Pay Cash, upon which the movie was based.  I highly recommend it if you love the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment