playing with paper

Sunday, June 9, 2013

TCW Creativity Exercise 1: Five 5-Minute Collages

Protect and Preserve
 collage on paper 4"x3"
12 May 2013

The Sorrows of Young Umar
 collage on paper 4"x3"
12 May 2013

 The History of the History of Death
collage on paper 4"x3"
12 May 2013

 Perfect Settings
collage on paper 4"x3"
12 May 2013

Six More Considerations
collage on paper 3"x4"
12 May 2013

Notes: These may be more like ten minute collages. For each one, I gave myself five minutes to pick through paper bits, then five minutes to arrange and glue. Of course, I was interrupted by children's wants and needs several times during the process as well. So these ended up taking a lot longer than the allotted 25 minutes. The titles came from a discarded magazine and were great inspiration.

2 comments:

  1. Nice it would take me more than 5 minutes just to find the materials. Yep, I am unorganized and messy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying to sort out my workspace again! I never want to clean up when I'm caught up in creating. I pay for it the next time I start a project and can't find supplies or don't have desk space!

      Delete