playing with paper

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Stamp Presentation on Friday

I am slowly gathering responses to the emails I sent out concerning the new Lancaster County stamp, but I feel I am losing my focus and momentum. (It doesn't help having a kiddo home sick from school.)

I spoke with a reporter from Lancaster Newspapers yesterday afternoon, and he seemed interested in my story, as well as a follow-up with Lancaster Creative Reuse, so I hope they get some good press.

Today I spoke with LancasterHistory.org, but my mind was a jumble. She did offer me a display table and five minutes to present the new stamp at the social gathering before a lecture this Friday evening, and I accepted. Now I need to prepare for that. They may have a "Love Letters" theme for their First Friday display on February 3, so I may get a second chance to display the stamp and promote letter-writing, so I better get thinking!

I have never been a good public speaker. I prefer writing letters. I find it so much easier to squeeze my words through the tip of a pen than to try and tame them on my tongue.


Interested in attending? Here's the information:

Friday, January 20,
Manheim Township Public Library 595 Granite Run Dr. Lancaster, PA 17601

4:00 pm - Social Gathering & Book signing of Abandoned Address - The Secret of Frick's Lock

4:30 pm - 5:30 pm - Lecture: LancasterHistory.org & Manheim Township Public Library partner to offer From Frick's Lock To DuPont - How The Industrial Revolution Saved America presented by Gene Pisasale, author, historian and Delaware Humanities Forum speaker.

1 comment:

  1. I have been toying with the idea of taking my mail habit to the local library. They have knit night, book club night, and other so why not mail night? Maybe you'll start a revolution!
    -b

    ReplyDelete