playing with paper

Friday, May 6, 2011

Postage Patchwork Card Set

Postage Patchwork 1/2
Contrary Wife quilt square created from vintage stamps with machine stitching mounted on vintage linen postcard of Lancaster County Courthouse with Dymo name label and mailed naked

Postage Patchwork 2/2
Churn Dash quilt square created from vintage stamps with machine stitching mounted on vintage linen postcard of Lancaster Public Library with Dymo name label and mailed naked


My final submissions for the Textile Mail Art Project. The first is my favorite of the two. I am a big fan of puns, wordplay, and irony. I was unable to find a quilt square with a name that played as well on the library postcard. I love creating something new from something old.

I shipped these cards out today with a stack of postcards to college friends and Mother's Day cards to family. Unfortunately, only catalogs incoming today.

No comments:

Post a Comment